Broken wing

 I feel like a bird with a broken wing

Damaged by all the bad I've seen

I want to fly away now and feel new things 

But I get frustrated I cant yet, so i let off steam 

sometimes I feel trapped, up on a beam

High above a crowded scene

Reluctant to move , for fear I'll fall

I know I cant fly all the way yet, so I stall

I make up excuses to change the focus 

I cant stand my state, so I try not to let 'em notice

I hide it inside like there's nothing wrong 

But sometimes the list can really get long 

Please understand when it happens 

And just sit right here with me

Coz I may need you to dry my tears sometimes

Stay by my side as I learn how to glide

Help me one step at a time, so we can finally fly away 


by writtenbywill

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jane and Solomon