Think of mama


They said 

In my youth I was beautiful and elegant and my eyes glowed like the emeralds, 


They said, 

I would  twist necks of men to dance on my direction when strolling on the streets, 


They said, 

I was the envy of the village maidens, 


They said, 

My  face was shining like that of the ancient beauty goddess, 


They said, 

I  was moulded beautifully like  the pot meant for queens, 


They not only said, 


They composed songs, 

Village musicians had songs on my honour, 


That was then, 


My beautiful baby arrived  from the comfort of my womb and stole my thunder, 


She took away my beauty every day with her giggles, 


She took away my attention from my mirror, 


She brought down my little  hills to lowest levels, 


She suckled literally the sap of beauty from my body, 


Maybe they would say again, 


I'm now a beautiful mama  of a beautiful baby girl, 

A baby  suckling beauty out  from me, 


Hey girl, 

Today, 

Before you talk of your  beauty, 

Think of mama, 

You stole the show from your  beautiful mama.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Broken wing

Jane and Solomon